Instructional, Technical, and Customer Service Skills
- Many years teaching technology at Harper College in the IT Service Desk and dental clinic. She has performed for many years of experience as the Harper College Dental Clinic Manager.
- During her time at the Harper College Service Desk, she assisted clients in all aspects of Desktop and Web based software.
- In the Harper College dental clinic, her instructional skills covered dental technologies ranging from the computer systems and software, all the clinic dental hardware, and infection control procedures.
- She instructed faculty, students, and patrons for decades.
- In the United States Air Force, she performed as a dental assistant and oral surgery assistant closely working with patients.
Civilian Military Experience
- As a civilian in the United States Air Force, she performed as a dental assistant and oral surgery assistant closely working with patients.
- Has won awards.
- Client/Server environments consisting of Windows, Unix, and Linux operating systems performing programming and scripting tasks as needed for system development, implementation, integrations.
- Setup and configuration of graphical user interface tools and applications.
- Technology research.
- Writing system, user and operations documentation for production turnover.
- Training clients regarding new technologies and procedures.
- Performed as an Oracle Application DBA performing patching, cloning, and maintaining of Oracle applications.
- Peregrine Service Center,Portal, and Get-Answers implementer, upgrader, administrator, and customizer.
- AssetCenter Administrator.
- Integrated ServiceCenter to AssetCenter using ConnectIT.
- Teaching Java SWING and J2EE/JEE development. Courses included Web Components to Business Components based on IBM Websphere Rational Application Developer, Websphere Application Server, eclipse, tomcat, and JBOSS.
- Courses covered development and testing of server-side applications using servlets, JSP, JavaBeans, development and testing of Enterprise Java Beans and Websphere Application Server specific extensions.
- Topics in the courses covered Sessions Beans, Architectures, Security, Best practices, debugging, deployment, persistence, inheritance, Message Driven Beans, EJB Clients, Container Services, Timer Services, Web Services, packaging, assembly, transactions, and basic application server administration.
- Students created database driven web pages and apps using abstract schema's or direct jdbc connectivity.
- Students created advanced Java EE applications and dynamic web pages rendering various customized reports.
- Worked 8 years in the US Air Force in a career classified as specialty code 2A0X1 (Avionics Test Station Components). Also known as an F-15 jet fighter avionics technician.
- Inspected and maintained electronics and electrical systems that are software driven using automated test stations.
- Installed software, data, and repaired electronic components.
- Repaired and upgraded the aircraft avionics.
- Repaired and upgraded the test stations.
- Read highly complex source code and electronic and electrical wiring diagrams to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Repaired or replaced defective components and multi-layer circuit boards.
- Certified to Navy 2M and NASA level repair standards.
- Performed depot level modifications.
- Worked alongside electronics engineers performing modifications or developing changes.
- Repaired or replaced instruments, such as tachometers, temperature gauges, and altimeters, heads up displays, air data computers, microwave LRUs, and weapons computers. Troubleshoots and repairs 100s aircraft electronics and electrical systems and their related test packages using test equipment to software code errors and/or electronic components. Held SECRET clearance for entire term.